The new highways system of Genova (Second Highway) consists of four roads that merge: the A7 Genova-Serravalle, the A10 Genova-Ventimiglia, the A12 Genova-Rome, and the A26 Genova-Domodossola. The project, called “Gronda di Ponente”, includes:
- The construction of a new carriageway;
- The extension of the A10 existing highways in the section that crosses; the Municipality of Genova.
- The strengthening of the A7 and A12.
The main themes of the project are as follows:
- Over 70 km of road, of which 53 km are in tunnels;
- 25 tunnels, of which 12 are on the highway and 13 near junctions;
- 21 bridges and viaducts, of which 11 are new and 10 adapted.
- Valuation of different options for highway tracks and traffic plans;
- Design of multimodal traffic model;
- Social and environmental impact assessment;
- Resettlement plan in a different urban area.